Monday, December 30, 2013

TRANSFER NEWS IS IN!

Hey Family!
So I may have gotten to find out
my transfer news a little early this time around.
I am getting transferred down to the valley!
It's going to be so weird to leave Taylor.
I am going down to the Scottsdale Zone.
I will still be a STL for the sisters there.
At the last meeting with the Zone leaders
I think they said there were 18 sisters down there.
I won't be over all of them. But probably 6 of them.
It's so weird to know before Saturday!
Not to say I can complain about it.
I always can't focus come Saturday,
so this was probably a really good thing for me.

This past week was great!
Christmas Eve was a blast!
We went and visited the Williams family.
They are awesome.
And there they stocked me up on
enough queso to last me a lifetime.
So you know that I have to love them,
because I love queso.
Then we stopped by the Larson/Renchers.
They have a stand where they hand out
hot chocolate and candy canes a few days before Christmas.
It was really fun as well.
Then we headed to the Willis'.
Oh the Willis'.
I've got to say that they are some of my
favorite people in the 
WORLD.
Saying goodbye to them is going to be
one of the hardest goodbyes I've had to say.
But they were so sweet.
They got us each a stocking and a present.
They call me Tennessee.
So the little tags said "Sister Tennessee."
It was pretty cute.
They yell your name throughout the house
to tell you that it is your turn to go sit on Santa's lap.
Brother Willis was a little sad that I wouldn't sit in Santa's lap.
But I told him that I couldn't hug a man, 
so I definitely couldn't sit in one's lap!
I think he may have gotten over it by now.

Christmas was great!
Mainly because I got to talk with you fine people!
But also we went to a great family's house!
The Swiharts, we made a little Christmas ornament.
And they fed us a delicious lunch of course.
We went to the Owens as well. 
So we got stuffed to capacity.
And we got to do some caroling!
All in all, it was a fantastic Christmas season.
I thought I would be really sad,
but it has been one of the best ever!

Willis'.
They came to church yesterday!!!
Sister Evans has been sick ever since Christmas,
so I went there with Sister Rasmussen.
We gave him a returning member form
telling him the things he needed to do to go to the temple.
And they came to church!
So we're hoping that they will keep making those steps!

Ballards.
They came to church yesterday!!!
And that is a BIG step.
They haven't been since I got here!
And they are getting Madison blessed Sunday!
I am so proud of the steps they are taking.

Eli.
He got baptized on Saturday!
We were afraid it wouldn't happen, but it did!
And we are going to meet with him tomorrow.
One last time before he heads to Utah for training.
I am hoping there are some good LDS people in his unit.
So he stays strong when they head to Cuba.
It's nerve wrecking. 
But we think he'll do great!

Jacksons.
MIRACLE STORY.
Last night we went over and set up a time to come back.
Since they had to cancel due to everyone in their family being sick.
So we shared Mormon 9:20-21.
And he said that he believed that miracles still happened.
Because they weren't going to have a Christmas for their boys.
They prayed and prayed.
Christmas Eve there were tons of presents on their porch.
And they also got $700.
They are making such a good effort to change their lives.
I am so excited for them.
The Lord blesses those who are trying.
You don't have to be perfect to receive those blessings.

More than anything this week I am grateful for the Priesthood.
It is so amazing that we have it today.
I am so happy to be surrounded by people who hold the Priesthood, and do so worthily.
It is such a blessing to be able to ask for a blessing whenever we need it.
And know that what they are saying is from God, for you.

I love yall so much!
I hope you have a wonderful week!

Much love,
Sister Hubmann

Pictures:
1. Hunger Games and Candy! LOVE that shirt.
2. Exchanges with Sister Rasmussen!
3. Present from the Willis'.

No comments:

Post a Comment