Monday, December 23, 2013

Hey Family!!
So this week is going to be a great week!
I am really excited for Christmas!!
Although it doesn't quite feel like Christmas to me.
Not sure why.
Probably because I'm not at home.
I'm surprisingly not sad.
I think it's because it's the Lord's work.
So he's keeping me happy:)

Eli didn't get baptized like he was supposed to.
But apparently they moved it to this Saturday.
So we'll cross our fingers that it sticks!
We know he is ready.
It just worries us since he is about to go
on deployment to where the church doesn't exist.
Aka Cuba.
Or at least I don't think it exists.
Maybe it does.
Either way, we're a little worried for him.

We went on exchanges last week.
I went with Sister Hurst in my area.
It was weird being on the STL side of exchanges.
But it was fun.
She's a really good missionary.
So I am proud of her!
And she's only been out a month.
We are going on exchanges again this week.
I am going with Sister Rasmussen(from my MTC district).
I'm pretty excited because I love her.
We're pretty sure we are going to be companions.
We'll see though.

Yesterday we were in the library
and this lady comes in all distraught.
We asked her what's wrong and she said that
one of her soloists for the Christmas program bailed.
So me being the kind soul I am,
you know what I did?
I volunteered....my companion.
So Sister Evans got to sing one of our favorites,
Mary Did You Know,
in 9th ward.
I'm so kind I know.

We had Zone training this week.
We are having lots of zone meetings,
which I'm okay with.
Because that means I get to see
my friends from my old district in the valley.
It's been lots of fun.

And I can't believe none of you even responded
to the fact that I am going to be in a meeting with
JEFFREY R. HOLLAND!
I'm so excited I can't even handle it.
It's going to be so much fun.
Especially since the mesa mission will be there.
So maybe I will get to see some people
I haven't seen in a long time.
Or Sister Gustafson, who just went out!

The work is hastening!
And I am so honored to be a part of it.
All in all, it's been a pretty great week.
I love yall!
I will SEE you Wednesday!
Much love,
Sister Hubmann

Pictures:
1. We tried to make a cool temple Christmas ornament for the Willis'. Didn't quite turn out how we had planned....
2. Sister Evans and I
3. Sister Crandall and I
I have now been to the temple with all of my companions so far!
4. Oh and I chopped some wood. Pretty much a mountain woman now.
5. Me with my "babies." Looove them.
6. Our little tree:) I forgot to say. We moved this week. Next door to the Elders' old apartment. The Sisters kept their tree and the Elders took our old one. So we made do with one we found in the shed.

No comments:

Post a Comment