Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Kelsey's last email from AZ as Sister Hubmann

Hey family and friends!
I have had poor time management
these past couple weeks.
My bad.
But I'll see you in a week.
So I'm pretty sure that makes up for this.

This past week was great!
The biggest news.

We had a huge microburst!
I woke up to Sister Isert saying
something about a monsoon.
I ignored it because I was half asleep.
And then I heard a huge crash!
A tree got struck by lightning
and sent a limb flying towards our apartment.
It broke one of our windows.
But not in either of the bedrooms,
thank goodness.
So it has been quite a weekend!
We didn't have church at our building
because there was no power!
We all went to the stake center.
It was like 2 sessions of stake conference.

Food bank.
It was great!
I love working there.
It brings me so much joy.
I'm going to have to find
something like that when I get home.

Last zone activity!
It was so much fun!
We played sports for 2.5 hours.
I was so sore the next couple days.
But it was SOOO worth it.
Mainly because they never let us
play sports with the Elders anymore.
Thus, a much smaller group to play with
since there are only 6 sisters in the zone.

I also got to go see Leslie and my convert Nancy!
She got sick so we didn't get to go until Thursday.
But it was so great when I finally got to.
I love them SOOO much.
They are such amazing women.
And Leslie gave me my prayer rock!
So that will take up 4 of my 50 pounds.
Totally worth it.

Thank you so much for your support.
I have loved receiving all of your letters and emails.
They came just at times when I needed them the most.

I have loved being a missionary.
There is nothing better I could have done
with my life at this time.
I feel like I have grown so much.
(You'll have to tell me if I really have.)
It is such a blessing to be able to serve the Lord
and see how the Gospel blesses the lives of others.
I am so grateful to have been able to serve in Arizona.
I love these people so much.
But yall aren't too bad either:)

I love yall so much!
I will see you MONDAY!

Much love,
Sister Hubmann

Pictures:
1. Leslie and Nancy!!
2. There was a normal monsoon this week too.
We went and played in that one! We're wet!
Although you can't really tell....
3. I'm trying to bring Sister Entin with me!
4. Most of the zone after the activity.
5. We have a problem. We're addicted to Minute Maid juice.
6. We made balloon animals!
7. Boarded up window. Something we learned was I am the only one who can handle a high pressure situation...I boarded it up while the other 3 had meltdowns.
8. Trees down in the complex.
9. The Liljenquist/Hall family. Aren't they adorable? I love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment