Tuesday, April 2, 2013

1 month down. 17 to go.

Family!!
Isn't it crazy that I have been on my mission a month now? If all of them go by as fast as that one I am going to be home before I know it. The fact that it is already P-Day again is crazy. I'm pretty sure I mailed y'all like 2 days ago.

I am seriously using an ancient computer right now. No joke. I am on Internet Explorer. INTERNET EXPLORER. I am surprised that it's even keeping up with emailing as well as it is. It keeps trying to update on me, but I keep rejecting its attempt.

This week has been super long. We worked the pageant all week, so we were up until 11:30 every night. We technically get to sleep in until 7:30 those days, but that usually didn't happen because we had to get up at the normal in order to do everything. But don't worry, I nap during lunch almost everyday. It's allowed. Naps. YES. I love napping and am glad I still get to take them.



Anyways, this week. Super long. And since we were working pageant we didn't get much time in our area. It was nice because all of the time we did have, we had appointments. We weren't on our bikes at all this week either. Since we were going from appointments to the Visitors Center, we had to have members drive us around. I am excited to get back on bikes this week. Mainly because I'm pretty sure I've already gained at least 5 pounds.

Lisa is doing great! She is still progressing towards baptism. We have her on date for April 20th, but if she misses church one time she won't be able to be baptized then because in our mission you have to attend sacrament 3 times before you can be baptized. I hope she doesn't miss because the next Saturday would be after transfers and I don't know if I'll still be here and I want to be. So we'll see how that works out. Thanks for your prayers for her. She hasn't had another visit to the hospital. We took her to the pageant a couple weeks ago and she loved it. So much that she went 2 more times this past week! She is doing so great. I am just so excited for her. She knows this is true and April 20th could not come soon enough for her, or for us.

I had a really great experience at the Visitors Center again this week. It was a little bit before pageant was starting and I saw a man looking at these panels that talk about the temple--and then through the window you can see the temple. I went and started talking to him. His name is Danny and he was visiting for Scotland. He had some questions about why we did Family History work and then what we did in the temple. So I answered his questions--which included "You believe you have to have 7 wives to get to heaven right?"--I swear people spread some crazy rumors. Anyways back to Danny. I told him about the Book of Mormon and asked if he had a copy. He didn't and so I got him one. He asked what my first name was and I told him "Sister." He was pretty persistant on finding out what it actually was so I told him. And he said, "Everytime I read this I am going to think of Kelsey Hubmann--Sister Hubmann." I was so happy when he said that. I told him that when he read it, pondered about it, and prayed about it, that the Holy Ghost would testify of its truthfulness to him. I told him once he did that, to look up the missionaries and they would come teach him. He said something about me teaching him and I told him that I wouldn't be able to fly to Scotland to teach him. He then tried to get me to come to Scotland because apparently there are a lot of good looking young men there--he seriously made me laugh so hard. So much for being dignified. He wouldn't give me his information for someone to contact him by email or phone. Or the missionaries to his home. But he's going to get baptized some day. I just know it.

I really love it here. I am starting to understand what it means to truly love the people. So much that it makes me really sad that we had to drop some investigators this week. They just aren't progressing and it's really hard to let them go. Okay one of them it wasn't really hard, but that was because she didn't like me and stated that. More than once. I just would say it how it was and she would tell me not to pressure her. Ah well, she will get baptized some day too. Or I hope anyways.

I hope y'alls Easter was great. Mine wasn't the best. My companion got sick so we  had to have dinner delievered. In which I sat and ate alone. But I got to eat some candy and update the area book! Also caught up on journal writing. She feels better today, so that's all that matters since we have 3 appointments tonight. We are working on Family Mission Plans, so hopefully we'll be able to get some new investigators through that.

Sister Homer my roommate--so much alike. Seriously. Favorite color? Yellow. Insurance? BlueCross BlueShield. Favorite chocolate? Cadbury eggs. Intials? KMH. Our middle name is actually the same. Poptarts? We love them. We're both under the age of 21. Both go to BYU-I. Studying similar things at BYUI. The list continues forever. We are basically the same person. It is really awesome. We may be moving into our area soon, which is awesome. BUT makes me a little sad because I will be leaving behind Sister Homer. And Sister Sanchez. They are great. Good thing we'll still be in the same district.

This week I've had the worst luck in stepping in things. Dog poop--I swear that smell never goes away. And then 2 encounters with gum. 2 different nights, 2 pairs of shoes with gum on them. I've got to take care of that today..

Thanks for the Easter package. I LOVE IT. Still working on the candy. You sent me Cadbury eggs. I knew you loved me. I've been trying not to eat them all at once. Alternating with the Hershey Kisses. I am hoping for some discounted Cadbury eggs today at the store. We'll see.

I love you all very much and hope you had a wonderful Easter! Have a wonderful week and I will talk to you next week.

Much love from Arizona,
Sista Hubmann

Pictures:
1. Sister Sanchez and I.--Introduced her to Poptarts. She's from Spain so she's never had them. She loved them of course. Smores all the way baby.
2. The cutest Easter package received.
3. Sister Homer and I. She is awesome. She says she looks a little drunk in this picture, but that's okay. So I figured I would send it home haha.


No comments:

Post a Comment