Tuesday, October 22, 2013

I MET WITH A SEVENTY!!!!

Hey Family!!
This week was nothing but eventful!
We got a new investigator!
His name is Fernando.
He is 19.
Sister Evans got to extend the invitation
to be baptized and....
he accepted!
Pretty cool, right?
We are really excited to keep meeting with him.
He was sick so he had to cancel
(I think Sister Evans got him sick.)
So we're rescheduling!
Sister Evans is better now,
which is what really matters.
Because teaching by yourself is not fun.

 
We got to meet with someone from the
seventy yesterday!
His name is Elder Teh.
He came up to the mountains and visited
with about 60 missionaries.
He compared hitting a comfort zone
as going into the E.A.C(East Australian Currents)
Yes, the ones on Finding Nemo.
It was really interesting.
I think that often even not as missionaries,
we find ourselves in the EAC.
We aren't doing anything,
we're just along for the ride.
Especially with missioanry work.
That's what I did before my mission.
So I would like to invite all of you to
get out of the EAC!
Go out with the missionaries,
invite your friends and the missionaries over!
President Monson said,
“Now is the time for members and missionaries
 to come together, to work together, to labor in the Lord’s vineyard to bring souls
 unto Him,” he declared. “He has prepared the means for us to share
 the gospel in a multitude of ways,
and He will assist us in our labors if
we will act in faith to fulfill His work.”
We're all in this work together!
There is a statistic that if a member
has lessons in their home with their friends
1 in 4 will get baptized.
And this work isn't about raising church numbers,
it's about helping others come unto Christ!
It's their eternal salvation!
 
Out of the 60 missionaries,
I had the blessing to have an interview with him!
It was so amazing!
He is such a kind man.
I have to admit,
I was FREAKING out until
I got into the interview with him
But hey,
I'm alive right?
And he got Mom's email to send her a picture of me.
Sorry Dad, I didn't have your's memorized.
That's pretty awesome a SEVENTY is emailing my parents!
Also, there may be some pictures from it on
If that doesn't work, that's what Google is for.
 
We are going on exchanges this week!
I'm really excited for that!
Mainly because our Sister Training Leader, Sister Sanchez,
lived with me in my first area!
So every time we do exchanges,
we get to reminisce over everything from my
very first transfer!
 
Oh and Brea is engaged??
Tell everyone Congratulations for me!
I can't believe this is wedding #5
that will happen while I'm on my mission.
It seems like every week I am telling the
sister someone is engaged.
Make sure people send me wedding invites!
 
I love you all!
Have a great week!
You are the best!
Much love,
Sister Hubmann
 
Pictures:
1. A less active's son using his sister's head an an armrest.
2. Candy apple from Sister Willis!
3. Elder Arizona went on Exchanges!

No comments:

Post a Comment